What is LANAP®?
If you or someone you care about has gum disease, you’re NOT alone. Most adults have it to some degree. Periodontal disease, if left untreated, is a leading cause of tooth loss. It’s even associated with cardiovascular disease, certain cancers, low-birth rates and other diseases.
That’s why gum disease treatment is so important. Unfortunately, many avoid the periodontist because traditional gum disease tr
eatment can be painful, anxiety-provoking and inconvenient.
Face it. Going to a periodontist for traditional gum disease treatment is no fun if it means:
It’s no wonder conventional gum disease treatment is so unpopular. Now there’s an alternative: Laser Assisted New Attachment Proce
dure (LANAP®). LANAP® is a highly effective and less painful form of gum disease treatment and the only FDA-cleared laser treatment protocol available for gum disease treatment.
- Having teeth pulled and replaced with dentures or implants
- Cutting open the gums to dig and scrape (and destroying nearby, healthy gum tissue)
- Excessive bleeding
- Stitches and bandages
- Lingering pain and medication
- Dietary restrictions
- Lengthy recovery
Dr. Deana Cook is one of the few leading-edge periodontist in the region to offer patients the LANAP® gum disease treatment procedure. Backed by scientific research and human histological studies, LANAP® is an extremely safe and effective gum disease treatment.
A fully trained and certified LANAP® periodontist, Dr. Deana Cook performs laser gum disease treatment using the FDA-cleared PerioLase® MVP-7™. This revolutionary tool not only provides a more comfortable experience and faster recovery time, but has added benefits that older gum disease treatments simply don’t.
With accuracy, the PerioLase® can actually identify and kill only the bacteria living deep inside gum pockets without disturbing any nearby, healthy tissue. The remaining tissue can then reattach to the root surface and do what it’s meant to do: protect and preserve your natural teeth. It even regenerates bone around existing teeth – an exciting breakthrough in gum disease treatm
ent and great news for patients who might otherwise lose their teeth.
For exceptional, leading-edge gum disease treatment, consider LANAP®:
Get back to healthier gums with a LANAP® treatment using the PerioLase®– the latest and most advanced laser gum disease treatment used by today’s leading periodontists.
- LANAP® is minimally invasive for a more comfortable experience during and after the procedure – pain medication is rarely required.
No extractions – save and keep your natural teeth.
- Little to no bleeding – the PerioLase® dental laser targets and kills bacteria immediately, removing 90% of the inflammation that causes gums to bleed.
- Faster healing time – get back to living in as little as 24 hours or less.
- No recession – there’s no cutting, so your gum line stays exactly where it is.
- Less sensitivity
- Excellent, more predictable long-term results – with proper self-care, results are usually permanent.
- Grow new bone – LANAP® is the only protocol scientifically proven to regenerate bone around the teeth.
Dr. Deana Cook, located in Wilmington, NC is a periodontist who serves patients from Castle Hayne, Porters Neck, Odgen, Leland, Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach, Southport, and Hampstead. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!
Download the LANAP Laser Pack